Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions given below are intended to protect your rights as a member of our Loyalty programme, Taj InnerCircle and Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle. Should you require any clarifications you can contact the Taj InnerCircle Member Services.
1. "IHCL" refers to The Indian Hotels Company Limited which owns and operates various hotels in India and overseas.
2. "Taj InnerCircle" refers to the loyalty programme offered by The Indian Hotels Company Limited.
3. "Epicure Plan of Taj InnerCircle" is the optional dining plan offered by The Indian Hotels Company Limited on payment of an annual membership fee.
4. "Member" means a member of the Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle.
5. "Card" refers to either the regular Taj InnerCircle Membership magnetic stripe card provided to members or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle.
6. "Points" means the Taj InnerCircle or Epicure Points earned or awarded for utilizing the services or facilities of the Taj and/ or its programme partners as per the Terms and Conditions.
7. "Eligible charges" are the charges incurred on the member room account on eligible rates, room charges, food and beverages (at restaurants, room service and mini-bars), telecommunication, laundry, spa, cake shop, business centre services and purchases at the Taj Khazana chain of stores. They do not include: (1) Room charges that are included in the definition of ineligible rates (2) Charges for banquets, meetings, weddings and other similar functions (3) Rooms booked as office space (4) Business Centre facilities used by non-resident member guest (5) Complimentary services.
8. "Ineligible rates" are defined as: (1) Room rates where booking is made via any online booking channels including but not limited to Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tripadvisor.com, MakemyTrip.com, Travelguru.com or any other similar travel websites or a third party (2) Room rates that are booked, or booked and paid, via tour operators, wholesalers and travel agents on their contracted rates or any other travel-industry staff rates. (3) Room rates for group bookings, conferences, weddings, events or organized tours (4) Room rates for airline staff and crew where rooms are pre-booked and paid for by the airline or directly (5) Employee rates or any complimentary rooms.
9. Epicure plan members earn "Taj InnerCircle Points" for spends on room charges, laundry, telecommunications, business centre charges and spends at the Taj Khazana chain of stores, net of taxes.
10. Epicure Plan members earn "Epicure points" for food and beverage spends (at restaurants, room service and mini-bars), and at Spa's (for membership enrollments done from 16.11.2016 onwards) net of taxes. On expiry of the Epicure membership, instead of Epicure Points, the member will earn Taj InnerCircle Points on food and beverage spends.
11. "Service Partners" refers to all of the partners that offer services, benefits, points, redemptions or any facilities and arrangements to the members of Taj InnerCircle.
12. "Reward" is the benefit and/or service that a member can avail of through exchange of his/her points.
13. "Participating Hotel" and "Participating Restaurant" refer to the Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta or The Gateway Hotels or restaurants in these hotels listed as offering point earnings for stays or dining respectively.
14. "Taj InnerCircle Member Services" is the dedicated service centre for member queries related to Taj InnerCircle, Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle only.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of India and the Courts at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all matters arising out of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Taj InnerCircle programme and/or Epicure plan.
16. Membership and benefits of Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle are offered at the sole discretion of IHCL.
17. Membership to the Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle is void if prohibited by law in the country of the member's domicile.
18. Certain restaurants at participating hotels may not be part of the Epicure plan of the Taj InnerCircle programme.
19. The Taj InnerCircle programme is applicable only at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels.
Enrolment and membership
20. Membership is open to all individuals who are aged 18 years and above.
21. Only individuals may become members of Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle (defined as individuals who have been accepted as members by IHCL). Corporations, associations or groups cannot enroll into Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle.
22. Employees of the Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta or The Gateway brands of IHCL and its affiliates or subsidiaries and the employees of any joint ventures or company which owns and/or manages the aforesaid hotels (collectively 'employees') are not eligible to participate in the Taj InnerCircle programme.
23. Rooms occupied as office space, will not be eligible for points. Business centre services used for the purpose of business meetings by guests will not be eligible for points. Only when guests staying at hotels use the business centre, will points be awarded.
24. Members cannot maintain membership in, or earn points on multiple accounts.
25. Enrolment onto Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle must be in the individual's full legal name, and government recognized proof of identification will need to be provided upon request.
26. Any change of information as provided in the Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan enrolment form must be notified to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services in writing.
27. Copper tier membership of Taj InnerCircle is valid for a period of 2 years and will be automatically renewed provided the renewal criteria, as laid down by the programme, are met.
28. The membership card of Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle is only valid for the period indicated on it.
29. All communication will be mailed to the mailing address (postal or email) given in the enrolment form and it is the responsibility of the member to inform the Taj InnerCircle Member Services about any change in his/her address. All communication will be deemed to have been received by the member and the IHCL bears no responsibility for communication not received or lost in the mail or courier.
30. Taj InnerCircle or the add-on dining plans of Taj InnerCircle have no predetermined termination date and may continue until such time as IHCL decides to terminate the programme, at any time, with or without notice to the members. Accumulation of points will cease immediately on termination of the programme. However, members will be given 6 months, from the date the programme termination is announced, to redeem a desired reward.
31. IHCL reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any of the rules, conditions, privileges, benefits, reward or reward levels pertaining to the programme at its sole discretion, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated. Eg. IHCL may increase or decrease the points required for a reward, or limit the number of participating hotels for a particular reward.
32. Membership to the Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle entitles members to earn points, which can be redeemed for rewards in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the programme.
33. IHCL reserves the right to grant or refuse or discontinue or revoke membership to Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle at its sole discretion. Discontinued/ revoked membership may result in the loss of all accumulated Points and the cancellation of all Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan rewards, benefits and privileges and forfeiture of any unfulfilled reservations, products or services purchased using Points.
34. Notwithstanding any provision contained herein, IHCL also reserves the right to discontinue membership to Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle to any member who appears to be using the programme in a manner inconsistent with the terms and conditions, applicable laws/rules/ regulations, intent of the programme, or any portion thereof, including, but not limited to, reward redemption. Discontinued/ revoked membership may result in the loss of all accumulated points and cancellation of all Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan rewards, benefits and privileges and forfeiture of any unfulfilled reservations, products or services purchased using Points.
35. Points issued have no monetary value and cannot be bartered or sold by members for cash at any point of time. These points may only be exchanged for rewards or benefits on offer through Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle. Any points, or benefits, which the IHCL deems to have been transferred, sold or assigned in violation of the programme rules may be confiscated or cancelled.
36. All interpretations of the Terms and Conditions and programme rules shall be at the sole discretion of IHCL.
37. Any member who has not earned points for a period of six consecutive months may be removed from the mailing list of active members at the discretion of the IHCL. A member may reactivate his or her account by accumulating points or by other such means that the IHCL may establish.
38. Each member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable about the programme rules and the number of points in his or her account. The Taj InnerCircle team will send correspondence to active members to advise them of matters of interest, including notification of programme changes and Point Updates. However, neither IHCL, its subsidiaries, affiliates or associates or programme management service providers nor the owners of participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta or The Gateway Hotels or restaurants or companies participating as service partners in the programme will be liable for any failure to do so and will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail.
39. Accrued points do not constitute property of the members. Except as specifically provided herein, no accrued points are transferable in the event of death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. In the event of death, Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan membership will be suspended and all accrued points stand cancelled.
40. Specific programme benefits and privileges have been established for all Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan members. However benefits and privileges offered by participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels may vary. If IHCL or any partner improperly denies a member an accrual, benefit or reward, IHCL will not be liable to make any payment to the member or compensate him/her in anyway.
41. IHCL is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for changes or discontinuance of services provided by a service partner, that may affect the programme rewards offered, the accrual of points or devaluation of points.
42. The programme and any benefit, offering, or rewards relating to the programme, shall not be construed as, or constitute a contract, or otherwise establish a contractual relationship between IHCL and any Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan Members.
43. Nothing in the Taj InnerCircle programme is intended, or shall be construed to create or establish any agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between IHCL and any partners.
44. Lost/misplaced membership cards will be replaced by deducting points from a member's account.
45. Members wishing to cancel membership of Epicure plan after 30 days of sign-up and renewal, will forfeit the entire membership fee.
46. The information the Member provides to the Company when completing the application and redeeming Points is processed in the Company's computer systems. Communication of relevant information is important to administering the Rewards Program and providing the Member with the opportunity to maximize the benefits of Membership. We will only disclose Member information to: IHCL and its group companies, person(s) authorized by the Member; franchisees, fulfillment houses, email service providers and mail houses that process mail for such entities; and marketing Companies that provide services to the Taj and its group companies, in each case for the following purposes: 1) in order to better service the Membership Account and preferences by keeping the Member informed of Account status and activities through printed or electronic statements; 2) to assess entitlement to benefits; 3) to collect and process Member charges incurred in our facilities; 4) to offer the Member additional products and services; 5) to send periodic satisfaction or market research surveys; 6) to offer the Member products or services from select reputable companies with whom we have a strategic relationship because we believe their offerings will be of interest to Member. In choosing to become a Taj InnerCircle member, the Member consents to receive all kinds of information described above. However, Member will be given the opportunity to define and modify mailing preferences.
Accrual of points
47. Points, whether InnerCircle or Epicure can only be earned at participating IHCL Hotels. The list of participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels is subject to change at any time, without notice. Please contact the Taj InnerCircle Member Services at +91 22 66014842 for any queries. Additions and deletions to the list of participating hotels will be communicated from time to time.
48. Points will be awarded on all eligible charges at participating hotels and restaurants only from the date of member's enrolment into the programme. No retro credits will be given for transactions prior to enrolment.
49. Members can only earn points from the programme start date as defined by IHCL. No points will be earned for any amounts charged before the start date of the programme. This includes cases where a member has checked in to a hotel before the programme is launched at that hotel and checks out after the start date of the programme at that hotel. For example: if a member checks in on 01 March 2008, checks out on 10 March 2008 and the start date of the programme for that hotel is 08 March 2008, then the member will earn points only for eligible expenditure from 08 March 2008 onwards.
50. To earn points, a member must be a registered, paying guest at a participating hotel and meet all of the conditions described in the terms and conditions.
51. Members can earn points for up to a maximum of 5 rooms (for stays from 12 May 2017 onwards) i.e. the member's room and additional 4 rooms for charges for which the payment is done directly by the member in the room folio of the member's room. For claim of points on additional rooms, the member should ask for all transactions from the additional rooms (up to a maximum 4) to be moved to the member's room folio before settlement of the folio and the payment has to be made by the member in member's room folio. No points will be eligible for payments done in the respective folio's and transferred subsequently to the member's folio. No points will be eligible for any additional room(s) for which points have been credited to other member(s) by virtue of them being the room occupant(s).For stays till 11 May 2017, Members will earn points for only one room per stay (i.e. the member's own room booked in his name) regardless of the number of rooms booked and paid by the member during the same stay. No points will be earned for rooms occupied by the members children, even if paid for by the member.
52. Platinum level members will earn 1 point for every INR 60 spent net of taxes, Gold level members will earn 1 point for every INR 70 spent net of taxes, Silver level members will earn 1 point for every INR 100 spent net of taxes, and Copper level members will earn 1 point for every INR 125 spent net of taxes (or other currency equivalent) spent on eligible charges (room, restaurants, room service/in-room dining, mini-bars, telecommunications, laundry, spa, cake shops, business centre and purchases at Taj Khazana chain of stores) at participating hotels.
Please note that Taj InnerCircle points earn rate of 8.3%, 7.1%, 5% and 4% of eligible spends for Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper Tiers respectively, which may be mentioned while communicating tier benefits are arrived at considering redemption of Taj InnerCircle points for rooms
53. Points awarded for stays at participating hotels outside India will be based on the local currency converted to Indian Rupees. Local currency will be converted into Indian Rupees on a weekly basis, using a published rate of exchange in effect at the time of conversion. This rate will be determined at the sole discretion of IHCL, based on standard currency conversion methods but may vary from currency conversion rates used by credit card companies.
54. Points will be automatically recorded within 7 days of settlement of bills, if Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure membership number is quoted at the time of reservation, membership card presented at the time of check-in/out and/or before billing for dining/ bar/ spa/ eligible spends.
55. Points will not be credited unless the card is presented while settling the transaction at the hotel.
56. Points earned by any individual member are not combinable with or transferable to other Taj reward programmes administered in the past, present or future or with any other programmes run by the partners of IHCL.
57. Any points offered in conjunction with specific hotel stays will be considered earned only when the stay has been fully paid. Points will not be available for redemption before the stay has been paid for.
58. All Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan members will receive a point’s update for the month on which they transact.
59. Any fractional points earned will be rounded up or down to the nearest integer. For example, if a member earns 125.40 points from a transaction, it will be calculated as 125 points. If a member earns 125.60 points from a transaction, it will be calculated as 126 points.
60. Bonus points offered for specific promotions and points earned on partners will not be considered for tier upgrades. Only points earned, on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway hotels, at the tier earning rate will be considered for tier upgrades.
61. In cases where the member or the member's company is given a discount after the stay has been completed, the appropriate number of points will be deducted from the member's balance although he or she may have already been communicated the point status on the basis of the non-discounted amount.
62. The Taj InnerCircle Member Services reserves the right to deduct points from a member's account balance if the points have been erroneously recorded under the account.
63. If a member of the Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan is also a member of another loyalty programme of a service partner (such as British Airways 'Executive Club') whose members are also authorized to earn points at IHCL hotels, the member will have to choose the programme on which he wishes to earn points. A member will not be entitled to earn points on both Taj InnerCircle and the other loyalty programme simultaneously. Similarly, if a member of Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan is a member of any other loyalty programme of The Indian Hotels Company Limited, the member will have to choose the programme on which he wishes to earn points. A member will not be entitled to earn points on both Taj InnerCircle and the other loyalty programme simultaneously for the same transactions.
64. Taj InnerCircle points can be purchased at the rate of INR 5 per TIC point, with a minimum purchase of 500 TIC points and in multiples of 100 thereafter. A maximum of 5000 TIC points can be purchased in a given financial year. The amount spent towards purchase of TIC points will not be eligible to earn TIC points and will not count towards tier upgrade and retention. TIC Points once purchased cannot be cancelled and no refund will be given.
65. No points or stay credit will be awarded for paid upgrades on complimentary or barter rooms, rooms partly or fully paid for using TIC/ Epicure Points, house guests, free stays and tour operated and travel agent packages. Further, no Points will be earned for stay, when room is partly or fully paid for using TIC/Epicure Points.
66. Points will not be given for banquets, additional rooms, airline crew groups, tours and other groups, car hire, travel bookings, salon, shopping arcade, fitness centre, chartered flights, Taj Air, pay outs, tips, taxes, etc. Points will also not be awarded for spends on food and beverage at restaurants during weddings and similar functions held at a participating hotel. Points will not be awarded for any spends on stay, food and beverage, spa etc. settled using Taj Experiences Gift Cards.
67. A member whose individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company/organization, and the member is responsible for authorization for settlement at check out, is eligible for points. However, group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple rooms are placed on one hotel bill and billed to the company or a common address or settled at check out by one individual, are not eligible for points.
68. Conference and group bookings are not eligible for point earning, even if a member settles his/her own bill for room and/or incidental charges.
69. Points will not be earned on incidental charges or charges to the member's room for non-affiliated hotel entities which are not owned and/or operated by the hotel, including, but not limited to, outlets such as travel bookings, Gift Shop, Drugstore, clothes, gallery, or specialty stores, recreational or entertainment concessions, or charges in connection with banquets or other catering functions.
70. All applicable taxes including central, state, local and other taxes will be omitted for purposes of point accrual.
71. Point credits will not be awarded when redeeming any Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan rewards, frequent-flyer awards, awards of travel partners, or other promotional offerings using discounts or free certificates.
72. If a member believes he/she has not received point credit(s) for hotel stays, or any partner points despite having presented the card while settling the transaction, he/she must submit a written request for such credit(s) to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services, along with the original invoice of the member's hotel stay and/or the service partner coupon as appropriate. No points will be given for failure to supply original invoices. For the member's protection, the member should retain all hotel travel documentation until the point credit(s) have appeared on the point’s statement. Requests must be received at the Taj InnerCircle Member Services within 15 days of receipt of points update.
73. This retrospective crediting of points will be offered to members only on presentation of original invoices. No crediting will be done where the member has failed to quote his/her membership number at the time of bill settlement.
74. In case points are inadvertently missed out, the members must claim retro-credits within one year from the date of transaction.
Expiry of Points
75. All Taj InnerCircle points will remain valid till a member is active on the Taj Inner Circle programme. An active member is defined as a member who has had at least 1 eligible room night stay at any participating hotel in a rolling 12 month period. A member not meeting this criterion may be considered as an inactive member, and all points accrued in the members account will be forfeited on the member becoming inactive. All Taj InnerCircle points earned for transactions till 14.06.2015, will be valid till 14.06.2017, and any unredeemed points will expire post that. Epicure Points, for all members who have enrolled to the Epicure plans till 15.11.2016, will remain valid for a period of up to 4 years from their date of accrual. For enrolments to Epicure plans done from 16.11.2016 onwards, Epicure points will remain valid till the Epicure membership is active. In case the Epicure membership is not active, unredeemed points will be available for redemption for 2 months post the expiry of the Epicure membership, at the end of which they will be expired.
Renewal of membership
76. In order to retain his or her membership at the Copper tier of Taj InnerCircle, the member will need to have at least 1 eligible room night stay at any participating hotel in a rolling 12 month period. In case this is not achieved the individual will cease to be a member of Taj InnerCircle.
77. Members who achieve Eligible Spends of INR 100,000 or 10 eligible room nights in a continuous 365 day period get upgraded to the Silver tier. In order to retain his or her membership at the Silver tier of Taj InnerCircle the member will have to have eligible spends of INR 100000 or 10 eligible room nights in every subsequent 12 month period of him/her becoming a member. In case this is not achieved the individual's membership status will be downgraded to the Copper tier. The Silver tier status is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of upgrade.
78. Members who have had eligible spends of INR 400,000 or 40 eligible room nights in a continuous 365 day period will be upgraded to the Gold tier. Only points earned on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels will be considered for upgrades to the Gold tier. Bonus points and points earned on partners will not be considered for upgrades. Once a Gold card member, in order to retain his or her status the member will need to spend INR 400,000 or 40 room nights in every subsequent 12-month period. Only points earned, on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels, at the normal earning rate for Gold card members will be considered for retention in the Gold tier. Bonus points earned on service partners will not be considered for retention in the Gold tier. Gold tier status is valid for a period of 1 year.
79. Members who have had eligible spends of INR 800,000 or 80 room nights in a continuous 365 day period will be upgraded to the Platinum tier. Only points earned on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels will be considered for upgrades to the Platinum tier. Bonus points and points earned on partners will not be considered for upgrades. Once a Platinum tier member, in order to retain his or her status the member will need to spend INR 800,000 or 80 room nights in every subsequent 12-month period. Only points earned, on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels, at the normal earning rate for Platinum tier will be considered for retention in the Platinum tier. Bonus points earned on service partners will not be considered for retention in the Platinum tier. Platinum tier status is valid for a period of 1 year.
80. Membership to the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of payment of membership fees. It will be renewed every subsequent year, on payment of the prevailing fee. If a member does not pay the requisite fee, the membership to the Epicure plan will not be renewed and the membership benefits will not be valid any longer.
81. A number of services and benefits available to members of Taj InnerCircle and the Epicure plan are offered solely at the discretion of IHCL and the individual participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Not all services are provided by all participating hotels. Should IHCL or a participating hotel improperly deny a member the benefit, IHCL will not be liable to compensate the member for the same.
82. Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan benefits are not applicable in conjunction with other prevailing offers or discounts.
83. The specified discount offered on rooms (against rack rates) at specific IHCL Hotels is not applicable between December 20 and January 10.
84. All discounts on rooms are subject to prior reservation and availability.
Taj InnerCircle Copper Privileges
- Copper is the base tier available to guests above the age of 18 years.
- A Copper tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 125 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway hotels.
Taj InnerCircle Silver Privileges
- TIC Silver tier is achieved on eligible spends of INR 1 lakh or stays of 10 eligible room nights.
- A Silver tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 100 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating hotels.
- Late Check-out till 5.00pm, subject to availability.
- 10% discount on points requirement for redemption stays.
Taj InnerCircle Gold Privileges
- TIC Gold tier is achieved on eligible spends of INR 4 lakhs or stays of 40 eligible room nights.
- A Gold tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 70 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating hotels.
- Early Check-in from 9:00 am and Late Check-out till 5.00pm, subject to availability.
- 15% discount on points requirement for redemption stays.
- 20 Upgrade e-Vouchers, applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked for a maximum of 5 nights per stay, subject to availability at the time of check-in at any of the participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Upgrade e-Vouchers will not be applicable for an upgrade to a room category higher than a base category suite (or equivalent room, as per the hotel nomenclature).
Taj InnerCircle Platinum Privileges
- TIC Platinum tier is achieved on eligible spends of INR 8 lakhs or stays of 80 eligible room nights.
- A Platinum tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 60 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating hotels.
- Early Check-in from 9:00 am and Late Check-out till 5.00pm, subject to availability.
- In-room Check-In.
- 24 hour Check-In.
- 20% discount on points requirement for redemption stays.
- Unlimited Upgrade e-Vouchers, applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked for a maximum of 5 nights per stay, subject to availability at the time of check-in at any of the participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Upgrade e-Vouchers will not be applicable for an upgrade to a room category higher than a base category suite (or equivalent room, as per the hotel nomenclature).
- 3 Signature Taj Experiences out of a selection of 23. These experiences are only valid till the member is on the Platinum tier. Experiences cannot be carried over from 1 year to the other.
- Platinum Experiences for Stay cannot be availed between 23rd December to 15th January
- Platinum Experiences for Dining cannot be availed on 24th December, 25th December, 31st December and/or 1st January
- 24 Hour Check In - Subject to availability 3 days prior to check in to be requested through the Platinum Desk.
- Dedicated Platinum Line 1800 114 825 for accessing Taj InnerCircle Member Services.
- All Platinum experiences are for two persons (unless specified otherwise), subject to availability and can only be booked through the Taj InnerCircle Platinum Desk.
- The experiences cannot be transferred, exchanged or altered in any way by the member. The Platinum member must be present to avail the Platinum experience.
- IHCL reserves the right to add, withdraw or amend any experience at any time without any prior notice.
Rewards and redemption
85. Taj InnerCircle Points(TIC) or Epicure points can be redeemed for hotel rooms via the website or through Taj InnerCircle Member Services only at a value of 1 TIC Point= Rs. 5 and 1 Epicure Point = Rs. 10. Taj InnerCircle points or Epicure points cannot be used to settle room stay charges directly at the hotels. Taj InnerCircle points or Epicure points can be redeemed in real time only to pay for food & beverage, laundry, spa, telecommunication and other eligible incidental charges at a value of 1 TIC Point = Rs.4 and 1 Epicure Point = Rs.10. Taj InnerCircle points and Epicure points can also be redeemed for gift certificates and gifts as featured on the website.
86. No Blackout Dates are applicable for room stay redemptions. If a room is available at any Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels across any room category, TIC points can be redeemed for a stay at the particular room category.
87. Points required for room stays will be calculated dynamically at the time of making of the stay booking. Platinum tier members will be entitled to a 20% discount on the dynamic rate for calculation of points required for stay redemption. Gold tier members will entitled to a 15% discount and Silver tier members will be entitled to a 10% discount on the dynamic rate for calculation of points required for a stay redemption.
88. All redemption requests against Taj InnerCircle points must be made either online www.tajinnercircle.com, in writing, on the original Rewards Request Form (available on request from the Taj InnerCircle Member Services) and sent to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services for processing. The Taj InnerCircle Member Services will make all the necessary bookings for rewards upon receipt of the request.
89. A member must allow a minimum of 2 weeks for processing of redemption requests for IHCL services. All requests must be made as early as possible, to avoid disappointments. In case of merchandise, a member must allow a minimum of 8 weeks for processing his/her request.
90. All taxes and applicable incidental expenditures will be borne by the member unless mentioned otherwise.
91. IHCL will not meet the cost of any tax, which may be levied on stay rewards in this programme. This is the sole responsibility of the recipient.
92. In case of holidays at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels as rewards, the member will bear all travel and associated costs. In addition, meals or any other service not specifically mentioned, as being complimentary will be chargeable. Please refer to the rewards section in the website for the rewards list.
93. Valid holiday redemption documents must be submitted at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels at the time of check-in.
94. Participating hotels and rewards classification may change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of IHCL. Please refer to the Taj InnerCircle rewards catalogue for a complete listing of the rewards classification.
95. All rewards are subject to availability and supplier restrictions. IHCL may, without notice, withdraw or substitute any reward for another reward of comparable value and nature. In case the exact model of the merchandise mentioned in the rewards catalogue is not available at the time of redemption, an alternate model of the product will be made available to the member.
96. IHCL provides no warranty on the items on offer or for their quality.
99. Delivery of merchandise will be made only to addresses within India.
97. Export of gifts above the value of INR 25,000 will be subject to all applicable rules/regulations/controls of the Exchange Control Department, Reserve Bank of India, applicable at the time of the redemption. It will be the member's responsibility to obtain all the relevant clearances.
98. Travel agents will not be given any commissions on rooms given as rewards.
99. No credit or substitutions will be given for any rewards that are only partially used.
100. Redeemed rewards once issued/delivered will not be changed and the member will not be entitled to any refund or credit for the points redeemed.
101. Stay rewards once confirmed cannot be modified - dates or destinations - without forfeiting the redeemed points.
102. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash, points or any other form of goods or services except for the indicated redemption voucher.
103. Recipients of special rewards will be required to sign a release of liability and a statement permitting the use of their name and/or photo for promotional purposes without additional Compensation.
Terms governing the certificates / e-vouchers and benefits under Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle
All the certificates are the property of The Indian Hotels Company Limited. If found, please return to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services, Mandlik House, Mandlik Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400001. No two certificates can be used together.
Please note that the Epicure Points earn rate of 25% or 50% on eligible spends, which may be mentioned while communicating Epicure benefits, are arrived at considering redemption of Epicure Points for Dine, Drink, Stay or Spa.
Epicure Benefit: Happy Hours at designated bars of participating hotels between 6.00pm-8.00pm, on all days of the week.
I. The offer is applicable on alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages only and will entitle the member to a complimentary second round of drinks. Member will be eligible for one complimentary round of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverage, for the same value ordered in the first round.
II. The offer is valid on beverages which are served by a standard peg measure or by the glass. Ordering of bottles is not permissible under this offer.
III. An order for multiple rounds of drinks cannot be placed in advance.
IV. The last order under this offer has to be placed by 8.00pm, and has to be consumed within a reasonable time after the order has been served.
V. The drinks ordered under this offer will only be served within the designated bar premises and have to be consumed within the designated bar premises itself. The order cannot be consumed in any other outlet / area of the hotel.
VI. Members would need to present their Epicure membership card to avail the offer.
Epicure Benefit: 50% Points on First 3 Dining Transactions
I. Epicure membership entitles members to earn back 50% points on the amount spent on dining for the first 3 transactions after enrolment or renewal of the membership.
II. This offer will be applicable for all dining transactions settled directly at the restaurants. Please note that F&B transactions for in-room dining or those clubbed with overall stay settlement will not be applicable for this offer.
III. To avail this offer, the value of the transaction should not be less than Rs 100.
I. Epicure membership (directly purchased from IHCL) entitles the members to one complimentary night stay (room only) at participating hotels in India. This benefit is not applicable for Epicure memberships which have been issued basis purchase of partner products and services unless explicitly mentioned. The offer is not applicable at the following hotels:
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Andamans
- Mahua Kothi, Bandhavgarh National Park
- Taj Usha Kiran Palace, Gwalior
- Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad
- Rambagh Palace, Jaipur
- Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur
- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
- Banjaar Tola, Kanha National Park
- The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
- Pashan Garh, Panna National Park
- Baghvan, Pench National Park
- Taj Rishikesh Resort & Spa, Uttarakhand
- Taj Theog Resort & Spa, Shimla
- Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
- Taj Aravali Resort & Spa, Udaipur
- Taj Nadesar Palace, Varanasi
II. The e-voucher, if applicable, will be loaded in the members account, and can be availed for booking on the website or via the Taj InnerCircle Member Services.
III. Reservation against this offer will be made in a base category room.
IV. The offer is not valid for stay during the period 23rd December to 15th January.
V. Reservation against this offer will be subject to room allocation control and the hotels reserve the right to close out bookings under this category.
VI. Government Taxes/Levies if applicable, will be payable by the guest directly at the hotel at the time of using this offer.
Epicure Benefit: Upgrade e-Vouchers
I. Epicure membership provides members with 2 upgrade e-Vouchers. The upgrade e-Vouchers shall be applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked for a maximum of 5 nights per stay, subject to availability at the time of check-in at any of the participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Upgrade e-Voucher will not be applicable for an upgrade to a room category higher than a base category suite (or equivalent room, as per the hotel nomenclature). Please refer to our website www.tajinnercircle.com to see the list of participating Taj Hotels.
II. Valid for a continuous stay and only up to 5 consecutive nights and is valid for one time use only.
III. The e-vouchers, if applicable, will be loaded in the members account, and can be availed by presenting the membership card at the hotel at the time of check-in.
IV. Government Taxes/Levies if applicable, will be payable by the guest directly at the hotel at the time of using this offer.
Promotions and specials
104. Promotions and special offers are at the sole discretion of The Indian Hotels Company Limited. They can be withdrawn or altered without prior notice.
105. Warmer Welcomes Alliance - Taj InnerCircle (TIC) members will earn TIC points at Shangri-La Hotels as part of the Warmer Welcomes alliance. Taj InnerCircle members can earn TIC Points on the following spending for the Qualifying Stays after linking the Golden Circle and Taj InnerCircle accounts:
- Food and beverage
- CHI, The Spa
For more details and terms and conditions governing Warmer Welcomes, please visit www.warmerwelcomes.com
106. The TIC Service guarantee will be applicable for the query where the service delivery was promised. The guest cannot claim the service guarantee for another service recovery.
107. The TIC service guarantee will be applicable for the service failures that happened post 15th June 2015. The guest cannot claim service recovery for cases before this date.
108. The Turnaround time for service guarantee will depend on the nature of the complaint raised. The timelines for service delivery will vary for different complaint types.
109. In a situation the Taj InnerCircle team needs additional information to resolve the guest query, the Taj InnerCircle team will send a communication to the guest on his preferred email ID, it will be the responsibility of the guest to ensure that the response is as per the timelines mentioned in the communication. The TIC service guarantee will not be valid in case the details are not provided as per the mentioned timelines.
110. The response time guaranteed on the complaint will be applicable during business days only.
111. All communication from the TIC team will be done only to the guest preferred email ID or registered telephone number, no other email ID or number will be considered for Service guarantee.
112. The TIC service guarantee will not be applicable for any service delivery failure at the hotel, the guest will have to liaise with the hotel for the same. The TIC team will help the guest find a resolution for the service raised, however hotel related service issues will not be covered under the TIC service guarantee.