Terms and Conditions
This web site and the related web sites contained herein (collectively, the “Site”) make available information on hotels, resorts, and other transient stay facilities (each a “Property”) owned, managed or franchised by the Indian Hotels Company Limited and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “IHCL”), and other travel‐related or consumer goods and services. The Site, and the services of each of its modules, is offered exclusively by IHCL and/or its various third party providers and distributors.
The terms and conditions set out below (“Conditions”) apply to your use of the Site including the use of the information services offered on the Site.
In accessing, using, viewing, transmitting, caching or storing this Site or any of its services, functions, materials, or contents, you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the Conditions and notices in this Site without modification. Further, you agree to be bound by these Conditions so please carefully read this section before proceeding. If you do not accept these Conditions, you must refrain from using the Site. These Conditions must be read in conjunction with any other applicable terms and conditions governing the use of the Site.
The Site makes available information relating to hotels and resorts owned or managed by the Indian Hotels Company Limited, a company constituted under the laws of India, and its subsidiaries, controlled entities, affiliates and related parties belonging to IHCL or being operated or managed by IHCL.
The Site contains the name, trade and service marks, logos, devices of “Taj”, “Vivanta”, “The Gateway Hotels”, “Ginger”, “Taj Air”, “Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces”, “Taj Exotica Resorts and Spas”, “Jiva” and other valuable trade and service marks owned by IHCL or licensed to IHCL to distinguish its services and products (collectively referred to as “IHCL Intellectual Property”). IHCL Intellectual Property is protected from copying and simulation under national and international laws and may not be reproduced, copied or otherwise used in any manner whatsoever, on any material whether tangible or intangible, without the express prior written permission and consent of IHCL. Without limitation, you must not use any of the said trade or service marks, either alone or in conjunction or combination or variation with other trade and service marks, logos and devices:
- In or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
- In connection with activities, products or services which are not undertaken or provided by IHCL;
- In a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- In a manner that disparages IHCL or its information, products or services (including the Site).
Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the trademarks without the written permission of IHCL or such other party that may own the trademarks.
The image of Taj Mahal Palace & Towers, Mumbai and that of its dome are our Intellectual property and are registered as Trademarks in India. Any use of the images of Taj Mahal Palace & Towers and/or its dome without our express consent in writing shall constitute infringement of our Intellectual Property Rights/registered Trademarks. In case you wish to use these images in your work, we are open to discuss granting license, provided such use is commensurate with reputation and goodwill of the hotel. For any enquiries with regard to obtaining license for use of such images, please get in touch with the General Counsel and/or Chief Revenue Officer of The Indian Hotels Company Limited at Express Towers, 9th floor, Barrister Rajni Patel Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021, Maharashtra.
The Site, including each of its modules, is the copyrighted property of IHCL and/or its various third party providers and distributors. The information, text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, sounds, links and all other information and software published or otherwise contained in the Site (“Information”) are either owned exclusively by IHCL or licensed by IHCL and except as specifically provided in these Conditions may not be copied, distributed, displayed, reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means whether electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written approval of IHCL.
Without limitation you may not, without such approval from IHCL, create derivative works from any part of the Site or commercialise any Information, products or services obtained from any part of the Site. Information procured from a third party may be the subject of copyright owned by that third party. Unauthorized use of the Site and/or the materials contained on the Site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other web site or in any environment of networked computers is strictly prohibited.
4. Your use
The Site is for your personal non‐commercial use and the Information may be downloaded or printed by you solely for that purpose. You may only use the Site if you are at least 18 (eighteen) years of age and can enter into binding contracts (the Site is not available for use by minors). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords, login and account information. You will be financially accountable for all uses of the Site by you and anyone using your password and login information. The right to use the Information is a license only, not a transfer of title, and is subject to the following restrictions:
- The information may not be used for any commercial purpose or public display, performance, sale or rental;
- No copyright or other proprietary notices may be removed:
- The information may not be transferred to another person;
- Software may not be interfered with in any manner;
- Every person downloading, reproducing or otherwise using the Information must prevent any unauthorized copying of the Information;
- You will only use the information for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Conditions.
In addition, you agree that you will not use robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein, without the prior written consent of IHCL (such content is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by internet search web sites to direct internet users to the Site).
IHCL strives to ensure that the information is accurate and reliable. You accept that all Information provided on the Site or any other material accessed through the Site including via any Linked Wed Site (refer Condition 8) is general information and is not in the nature of advice.
You also accept that all of the Information is provided on an “as is” basis and to the extent permitted by law, is provided without any warranty, representation or condition of any kind whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise. You assume all responsibility and risk for your use of or reliance upon Information and the Site or any other material accessed through the Site including via any Linked Web Site.
Whilst IHCL seeks to ensure that the Information is reliable and accurate, errors and omissions may occur and therefore, to the extent permitted by law, IHCL does not make or give any representation or warranty (express or implied) of any kind as to any matter relating to the Site and any Linked Web Site, including without limitation, as to merchantability, non infringement of intellectual property rights or fitness for purpose.
In particular IHCL does not warrant that:
- The Information or any other material accessed through the Site including via any Linked Web Site is reliable, accurate or complete including, without limitation, information relating to prices and availability; or
- Your access to Information or any other material accessed through the Site including via any Linked Web Site will be uninterrupted, timely or secure.
IHCL is not liable for any loss (direct or indirect) resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on the Information or any other material accessed through the Site including via any Linked Web Site. You should make your own inquiries and seek independent professional advice before acting or relying on any such information or material.
IHCL may from time to time update, modify or add to the Information, including these Conditions and absolutely reserves the right to make such changes without any obligation to notify past, current or prospective users of the Site. Unless otherwise specified to the contrary all new Information shall be subject to these Conditions.
IHCL does not guarantee that the Site will operate continuously or without interruption or be error free. IHCL may suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time without being liable for any direct or indirect loss as a result of such action.
6. Liability Disclaimer & Exclusion
In no event shall IHCL be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage, however arising and whether in contract, tort or otherwise, which you may suffer in connection with or arising out of:
- Your use of the Site or any Linked Web Site; or
- Your use of or reliance on Information or any other material accessed through the Site including via any Linked Web Site including without limitation, loss or damage by way of loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, business interruption or loss of information.
These Conditions do not purport to exclude liability arising by any applicable law if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded, however, to the extent permitted by law, all warranties, terms or conditions which would otherwise be implied into these Conditions are hereby excluded.
Where applicable law implies any warranty, term or condition, and that law prohibits exclusion or modification of any such warranty, term or condition, then the liability of IHCL shall include liability for any breach of such warranty, term or condition but, to the extent permitted by law, the remedy for such breach will be limited as follows:
- If the breach related to services the remedy will be limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and
- If the breach related to products and the products can be repaired the remedy will be limited to repair of such products or payment of the costs of having the products repaired, but otherwise, replacement of the products or the supply of equivalent products or payment of the cost of replacing the products or of acquiring equivalent products.
The limitation of liability applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other basis even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the Site, or any of the products, services, members, suppliers and/ or buyer offered in connection therewith or associated therewith, as the case may be, your sole and exclusive remedy shall be to discontinue use of the Site.
7. Specific Warnings
You must ensure that your access to and your use of the Site is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
You must take your own precautions that the process which you employ for accessing the Site does not expose you to the risk of virus, corrupted data, worms, other instructions or design that would erase data or programming or cause the Site or any equipment or system to become inoperable or incapable of being used in the full manner for which it was designed, or be subjected to malicious computer code, computer program routine or process or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system. Without limitation, you are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Site and is compatible with the Site. For the removal of doubt, IHCL does not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of the Site or any Linked Web Site.
IHCL does not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the Site or any Linked Web Site will be free from any virus, infection or other condition which has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for taking sufficient precautions and checks to satisfy your own particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output.
You must ensure that any information which you provide to IHCL is accurate and complete and does not contain any virus, malicious computer code, computer program routine or process or other form of interference which may damage the computer system of IHCL or the Information or which may detrimentally interfere with or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any IHCL system, data or information.
8. Linked Websites
The Site may contain links to other web sites (“Linked Web Sites”). Those links are provided for convenience only. IHCL provides such links solely as a convenience to you and for information purposes only. IHCL has not reviewed all of the information on these other websites.
You acknowledge and agree that IHCL does not have any control over the content or availability of Linked Web Sites and accepts no responsibility for the content, privacy practices or any other aspect of Linked Web Sites.
Links with Linked Web Sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by IHCL of the owners or operators of those Linked Web Sites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those Linked Web Sites, unless and then only to the extent expressly stipulated to the contrary. If you decide to access the Linked Web Sites, you do so at your own risk.
9. Hotel reservations
The reservations feature of the Site is provided solely to assist customers in determining the availability of travel related services and products and to make legitimate reservations and for no other purpose.
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age, possess the legal authority to enter into the legal agreement constituted by your acceptance of these Conditions and to use the Site in accordance with such Conditions. You agree to supervise all usage by minors of this Site under your name or account. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or members of your household in using this Site is true and accurate and without limitation, or any false or fraudulent reservations.
You agree to be financially responsible for your use of the Site including without limitation for all reservations made by you or on your account for you, whether authorized by you or not. For any reservations or other services for which fees may be charged you agree to abide by the terms or conditions of supply including without limitation payment of all moneys due under such terms or conditions.
The Site contains details of hotel charges and room rates (including any available special offers) for hotels and resorts owned or managed by IHCL.
Hotel reservation terms and conditions of booking are set out on the Site and payment will be in accordance with the procedure set out in such terms and conditions.
You agree that you will make only legitimate reservations in good faith for use by you and your invited guests only, and not for other purposes, including without limitation, reselling, impermissibly assigning or posting on third party web sites or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations, or any reservation in anticipation of demand.
No contract will subsist between you and IHCL or any of its affiliates in respect of any services or products offered through the Site unless and until IHCL accepts your order by e‐mail or automated confirmation through the Site confirming that it has accepted your reservation, booking or order and any such contract shall be deemed to incorporate the hotel reservation terms and conditions of booking. Any other relevant terms and conditions relating to particular services or products are set out in the Site.
You undertake that all details you provide to in connection with any services or products which may be offered by IHCL on the Site (including hotel room reservations) will be correct and, where applicable, the credit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of any services or products which you wish to purchase. IHCL reserves the right to obtain validation of your credit card details before providing you with any services or products.
10. Termination of Access
If you breach any of these Conditions your license to use the Site will terminate immediately without the necessity of any notice being given to you.
Otherwise access to the Site may be terminated at any time by IHCL without notice.
The provisions of these Conditions excluding, limiting and disclaiming the liability of IHCL will nevertheless survive any such termination.
You agree to indemnify and defend and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party. IHCL’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
With respect to all communications made to IHCL on or through the Site including, without limitation, feedback, questions, comments and suggestions (the “Communications”): (a) no right of confidentiality shall apply to the Communications and IHCL shall have no obligation to protect the Communications from disclosure; (b) IHCL shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the Communications to others; and (c) IHCL shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know‐how or techniques contained in the Communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
IHCL does not accept any liability for any failure by IHCL to comply with these Conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
If IHCL waives any rights available to it under these Conditions on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
If any of these Conditions are invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining Conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
You are completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes and assessments arising out of the use of the Site.
15. Governing Law
Substantive laws of the Republic of India
“Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Conditions, the Site and/or the subject matter or any agreement between the guests/visitors and IHCL, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (“MCIA Rules”), which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause.
The seat of the arbitration shall be Mumbai.
The Tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator.
The language of the arbitration shall be English.
The law governing this arbitration agreement shall be law of India.”
Exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Mumbai
18. Return to Site
To return to the Site, click where indicated. By doing so, you acknowledge that you read, understood and accepted these Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions given below are intended to protect your rights as a member of our Loyalty programme, Taj InnerCircle and Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle. Should you require any clarifications you can contact the Taj InnerCircle Member Services.
1. "IHCL" refers to The Indian Hotels Company Limited which owns and operates various hotels in India and overseas.
2. "Taj InnerCircle" refers to the loyalty programme offered by The Indian Hotels Company Limited.
3. "Epicure Plan of Taj InnerCircle" is the optional dining plan offered by The Indian Hotels Company Limited on payment of an annual membership fee.
4. "Member" means a member of the Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle.
5. "Card" refers to either the regular Taj InnerCircle Membership magnetic stripe card provided to members or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle.
6. "Points" means the Taj InnerCircle or Epicure Points earned or awarded for utilizing the services or facilities of the Taj and/ or its programme partners as per the Terms and Conditions.
7. "Eligible charges" are the charges incurred on the member room account on eligible rates, room charges, food and beverages (at restaurants, room service and mini-bars), telecommunication, laundry, spa, cake shop, business centre services and purchases at the Taj Khazana chain of stores. They do not include: (1) Room charges that are included in the definition of ineligible rates (2) Charges for banquets, meetings, weddings and other similar functions (3) Rooms booked as office space (4) Business Centre facilities used by non-resident member guest (5) Complimentary services.
8. "Ineligible rates" are defined as: (1) Room rates where booking is made via any online booking channels including but not limited to Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tripadvisor.com, MakemyTrip.com, Travelguru.com or any other similar travel websites or a third party (2) Room rates that are booked, or booked and paid, via tour operators, wholesalers and travel agents on their contracted rates or any other travel-industry staff rates. (3) Room rates for group bookings, conferences, weddings, events or organized tours (4) Room rates for airline staff and crew where rooms are pre-booked and paid for by the airline or directly (5) Employee rates or any complimentary rooms.
9. Epicure plan members earn "Taj InnerCircle Points" for spends on room charges, laundry, telecommunications, business centre charges and spends at the Taj Khazana chain of stores, net of taxes.
10. Epicure Plan members earn "Epicure points" for food and beverage spends (at restaurants, room service and mini-bars), and at Spa's (for membership enrollments done from 16.11.2016 onwards) net of taxes. On expiry of the Epicure membership, instead of Epicure Points, the member will earn Taj InnerCircle Points on food and beverage spends.
11. "Service Partners" refers to all of the partners that offer services, benefits, points, redemptions or any facilities and arrangements to the members of Taj InnerCircle.
12. "Reward" is the benefit and/or service that a member can avail of through exchange of his/her points.
13. "Participating Hotel" and "Participating Restaurant" refer to the Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta or The Gateway Hotels or restaurants in these hotels listed as offering point earnings for stays or dining respectively.
14. "Taj InnerCircle Member Services" is the dedicated service centre for member queries related to Taj InnerCircle, Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle only.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of India and the Courts at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all matters arising out of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Taj InnerCircle programme and/or Epicure plan.
16. Membership and benefits of Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle are offered at the sole discretion of IHCL.
17. Membership to the Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle is void if prohibited by law in the country of the member's domicile.
18. Certain restaurants at participating hotels may not be part of the Epicure plan of the Taj InnerCircle programme.
19. The Taj InnerCircle programme is applicable only at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels.
Enrolment and membership
20. Membership is open to all individuals who are aged 18 years and above.
21. Only individuals may become members of Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle (defined as individuals who have been accepted as members by IHCL). Corporations, associations or groups cannot enroll into Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle.
22. Employees of the Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta or The Gateway brands of IHCL and its affiliates or subsidiaries and the employees of any joint ventures or company which owns and/or manages the aforesaid hotels (collectively 'employees') are not eligible to participate in the Taj InnerCircle programme.
23. Rooms occupied as office space, will not be eligible for points. Business centre services used for the purpose of business meetings by guests will not be eligible for points. Only when guests staying at hotels use the business centre, will points be awarded.
24. Members cannot maintain membership in, or earn points on multiple accounts.
25. Enrolment onto Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle must be in the individual's full legal name, and government recognized proof of identification will need to be provided upon request.
26. Any change of information as provided in the Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan enrolment form must be notified to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services in writing.
27. Copper tier membership of Taj InnerCircle is valid for a period of 2 years and will be automatically renewed provided the renewal criteria, as laid down by the programme, are met.
28. The membership card of Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle is only valid for the period indicated on it.
29. All communication will be mailed to the mailing address (postal or email) given in the enrolment form and it is the responsibility of the member to inform the Taj InnerCircle Member Services about any change in his/her address. All communication will be deemed to have been received by the member and the IHCL bears no responsibility for communication not received or lost in the mail or courier.
30. Taj InnerCircle or the add-on dining plans of Taj InnerCircle have no predetermined termination date and may continue until such time as IHCL decides to terminate the programme, at any time, with or without notice to the members. Accumulation of points will cease immediately on termination of the programme. However, members will be given 6 months, from the date the programme termination is announced, to redeem a desired reward.
31. IHCL reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any of the rules, conditions, privileges, benefits, reward or reward levels pertaining to the programme at its sole discretion, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated. Eg. IHCL may increase or decrease the points required for a reward, or limit the number of participating hotels for a particular reward.
32. Membership to the Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle entitles members to earn points, which can be redeemed for rewards in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the programme.
33. IHCL reserves the right to grant or refuse or discontinue or revoke membership to Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle at its sole discretion. Discontinued/ revoked membership may result in the loss of all accumulated Points and the cancellation of all Taj InnerCircle or Epicure plan rewards, benefits and privileges and forfeiture of any unfulfilled reservations, products or services purchased using Points.
34. Notwithstanding any provision contained herein, IHCL also reserves the right to discontinue membership to Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle to any member who appears to be using the programme in a manner inconsistent with the terms and conditions, applicable laws/rules/ regulations, intent of the programme, or any portion thereof, including, but not limited to, reward redemption. Discontinued/ revoked membership may result in the loss of all accumulated points and cancellation of all Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan rewards, benefits and privileges and forfeiture of any unfulfilled reservations, products or services purchased using Points.
35. Points issued have no monetary value and cannot be bartered or sold by members for cash at any point of time. These points may only be exchanged for rewards or benefits on offer through Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle. Any points, or benefits, which the IHCL deems to have been transferred, sold or assigned in violation of the programme rules may be confiscated or cancelled.
36. All interpretations of the Terms and Conditions and programme rules shall be at the sole discretion of IHCL.
37. Any member who has not earned points for a period of six consecutive months may be removed from the mailing list of active members at the discretion of the IHCL. A member may reactivate his or her account by accumulating points or by other such means that the IHCL may establish.
38. Each member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable about the programme rules and the number of points in his or her account. The Taj InnerCircle team will send correspondence to active members to advise them of matters of interest, including notification of programme changes and Point Updates. However, neither IHCL, its subsidiaries, affiliates or associates or programme management service providers nor the owners of participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta or The Gateway Hotels or restaurants or companies participating as service partners in the programme will be liable for any failure to do so and will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail.
39. Accrued points do not constitute property of the members. Except as specifically provided herein, no accrued points are transferable in the event of death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. In the event of death, Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan membership will be suspended and all accrued points stand cancelled.
40. Specific programme benefits and privileges have been established for all Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan members. However benefits and privileges offered by participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels may vary. If IHCL or any partner improperly denies a member an accrual, benefit or reward, IHCL will not be liable to make any payment to the member or compensate him/her in anyway.
41. IHCL is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for changes or discontinuance of services provided by a service partner, that may affect the programme rewards offered, the accrual of points or devaluation of points.
42. The programme and any benefit, offering, or rewards relating to the programme, shall not be construed as, or constitute a contract, or otherwise establish a contractual relationship between IHCL and any Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan Members.
43. Nothing in the Taj InnerCircle programme is intended, or shall be construed to create or establish any agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between IHCL and any partners.
44. Lost/misplaced membership cards will be replaced by deducting points from a member's account.
45. Members wishing to cancel membership of Epicure plan after 30 days of sign-up and renewal, will forfeit the entire membership fee.
46. The information the Member provides to the Company when completing the application and redeeming Points is processed in the Company's computer systems. Communication of relevant information is important to administering the Rewards Program and providing the Member with the opportunity to maximize the benefits of Membership. We will only disclose Member information to: IHCL and its group companies, person(s) authorized by the Member; franchisees, fulfillment houses, email service providers and mail houses that process mail for such entities; and marketing Companies that provide services to the Taj and its group companies, in each case for the following purposes: 1) in order to better service the Membership Account and preferences by keeping the Member informed of Account status and activities through printed or electronic statements; 2) to assess entitlement to benefits; 3) to collect and process Member charges incurred in our facilities; 4) to offer the Member additional products and services; 5) to send periodic satisfaction or market research surveys; 6) to offer the Member products or services from select reputable companies with whom we have a strategic relationship because we believe their offerings will be of interest to Member. In choosing to become a Taj InnerCircle member, the Member consents to receive all kinds of information described above. However, Member will be given the opportunity to define and modify mailing preferences.
Accrual of points
47. Points, whether InnerCircle or Epicure can only be earned at participating IHCL Hotels. The list of participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels is subject to change at any time, without notice. Please contact the Taj InnerCircle Member Services at +91 22 66014842 for any queries. Additions and deletions to the list of participating hotels will be communicated from time to time.
48. Points will be awarded on all eligible charges at participating hotels and restaurants only from the date of member's enrolment into the programme. No retro credits will be given for transactions prior to enrolment.
49. Members can only earn points from the programme start date as defined by IHCL. No points will be earned for any amounts charged before the start date of the programme. This includes cases where a member has checked in to a hotel before the programme is launched at that hotel and checks out after the start date of the programme at that hotel. For example: if a member checks in on 01 March 2008, checks out on 10 March 2008 and the start date of the programme for that hotel is 08 March 2008, then the member will earn points only for eligible expenditure from 08 March 2008 onwards.
50. To earn points, a member must be a registered, paying guest at a participating hotel and meet all of the conditions described in the terms and conditions.
51. Members can earn points for up to a maximum of 5 rooms (for stays from 12 May 2017 onwards) i.e. the member's room and additional 4 rooms for charges for which the payment is done directly by the member in the room folio of the member's room. For claim of points on additional rooms, the member should ask for all transactions from the additional rooms (up to a maximum 4) to be moved to the member's room folio before settlement of the folio and the payment has to be made by the member in member's room folio. No points will be eligible for payments done in the respective folio's and transferred subsequently to the member's folio. No points will be eligible for any additional room(s) for which points have been credited to other member(s) by virtue of them being the room occupant(s).For stays till 11 May 2017, Members will earn points for only one room per stay (i.e. the member's own room booked in his name) regardless of the number of rooms booked and paid by the member during the same stay. No points will be earned for rooms occupied by the members children, even if paid for by the member.
52. Platinum level members will earn 1 point for every INR 60 spent net of taxes, Gold level members will earn 1 point for every INR 70 spent net of taxes, Silver level members will earn 1 point for every INR 100 spent net of taxes, and Copper level members will earn 1 point for every INR 125 spent net of taxes (or other currency equivalent) spent on eligible charges (room, restaurants, room service/in-room dining, mini-bars, telecommunications, laundry, spa, cake shops, business centre and purchases at Taj Khazana chain of stores) at participating hotels.
Please note that Taj InnerCircle points earn rate of 8.3%, 7.1%, 5% and 4% of eligible spends for Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper Tiers respectively, which may be mentioned while communicating tier benefits are arrived at considering redemption of Taj InnerCircle points for rooms
53. Points awarded for stays at participating hotels outside India will be based on the local currency converted to Indian Rupees. Local currency will be converted into Indian Rupees on a weekly basis, using a published rate of exchange in effect at the time of conversion. This rate will be determined at the sole discretion of IHCL, based on standard currency conversion methods but may vary from currency conversion rates used by credit card companies.
54. Points will be automatically recorded within 7 days of settlement of bills, if Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure membership number is quoted at the time of reservation, membership card presented at the time of check-in/out and/or before billing for dining/ bar/ spa/ eligible spends.
55. Points will not be credited unless the card is presented while settling the transaction at the hotel.
56. Points earned by any individual member are not combinable with or transferable to other Taj reward programmes administered in the past, present or future or with any other programmes run by the partners of IHCL.
57. Any points offered in conjunction with specific hotel stays will be considered earned only when the stay has been fully paid. Points will not be available for redemption before the stay has been paid for.
58. All Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan members will receive a point’s update for the month on which they transact.
59. Any fractional points earned will be rounded up or down to the nearest integer. For example, if a member earns 125.40 points from a transaction, it will be calculated as 125 points. If a member earns 125.60 points from a transaction, it will be calculated as 126 points.
60. Bonus points offered for specific promotions and points earned on partners will not be considered for tier upgrades. Only points earned, on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway hotels, at the tier earning rate will be considered for tier upgrades.
61. In cases where the member or the member's company is given a discount after the stay has been completed, the appropriate number of points will be deducted from the member's balance although he or she may have already been communicated the point status on the basis of the non-discounted amount.
62. The Taj InnerCircle Member Services reserves the right to deduct points from a member's account balance if the points have been erroneously recorded under the account.
63. If a member of the Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan is also a member of another loyalty programme of a service partner (such as British Airways 'Executive Club') whose members are also authorized to earn points at IHCL hotels, the member will have to choose the programme on which he wishes to earn points. A member will not be entitled to earn points on both Taj InnerCircle and the other loyalty programme simultaneously. Similarly, if a member of Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan is a member of any other loyalty programme of The Indian Hotels Company Limited, the member will have to choose the programme on which he wishes to earn points. A member will not be entitled to earn points on both Taj InnerCircle and the other loyalty programme simultaneously for the same transactions.
64. Taj InnerCircle points can be purchased at the rate of INR 5 per TIC point, with a minimum purchase of 500 TIC points and in multiples of 100 thereafter. A maximum of 5000 TIC points can be purchased in a given financial year. The amount spent towards purchase of TIC points will not be eligible to earn TIC points and will not count towards tier upgrade and retention. TIC Points once purchased cannot be cancelled and no refund will be given.
65. No points or stay credit will be awarded for paid upgrades on complimentary or barter rooms, rooms partly or fully paid for using TIC/ Epicure Points, house guests, free stays and tour operated and travel agent packages. Further, no Points will be earned for stay, when room is partly or fully paid for using TIC/Epicure Points.
66. Points will not be given for banquets, additional rooms, airline crew groups, tours and other groups, car hire, travel bookings, salon, shopping arcade, fitness centre, chartered flights, Taj Air, pay outs, tips, taxes, etc. Points will also not be awarded for spends on food and beverage at restaurants during weddings and similar functions held at a participating hotel. Points will not be awarded for any spends on stay, food and beverage, spa etc. settled using Taj Experiences Gift Cards.
67. A member whose individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company/organization, and the member is responsible for authorization for settlement at check out, is eligible for points. However, group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple rooms are placed on one hotel bill and billed to the company or a common address or settled at check out by one individual, are not eligible for points.
68. Conference and group bookings are not eligible for point earning, even if a member settles his/her own bill for room and/or incidental charges.
69. Points will not be earned on incidental charges or charges to the member's room for non-affiliated hotel entities which are not owned and/or operated by the hotel, including, but not limited to, outlets such as travel bookings, Gift Shop, Drugstore, clothes, gallery, or specialty stores, recreational or entertainment concessions, or charges in connection with banquets or other catering functions.
70. All applicable taxes including central, state, local and other taxes will be omitted for purposes of point accrual.
71. Point credits will not be awarded when redeeming any Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan rewards, frequent-flyer awards, awards of travel partners, or other promotional offerings using discounts or free certificates.
72. If a member believes he/she has not received point credit(s) for hotel stays, or any partner points despite having presented the card while settling the transaction, he/she must submit a written request for such credit(s) to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services, along with the original invoice of the member's hotel stay and/or the service partner coupon as appropriate. No points will be given for failure to supply original invoices. For the member's protection, the member should retain all hotel travel documentation until the point credit(s) have appeared on the point’s statement. Requests must be received at the Taj InnerCircle Member Services within 15 days of receipt of points update.
73. This retrospective crediting of points will be offered to members only on presentation of original invoices. No crediting will be done where the member has failed to quote his/her membership number at the time of bill settlement.
74. In case points are inadvertently missed out, the members must claim retro-credits within one year from the date of transaction.
Expiry of Points
75. All Taj InnerCircle points will remain valid till a member is active on the Taj Inner Circle programme. An active member is defined as a member who has had at least 1 eligible room night stay at any participating hotel in a rolling 12 month period. A member not meeting this criterion may be considered as an inactive member, and all points accrued in the members account will be forfeited on the member becoming inactive. All Taj InnerCircle points earned for transactions till 14.06.2015, will be valid till 14.06.2017, and any unredeemed points will expire post that. Epicure Points, for all members who have enrolled to the Epicure plans till 15.11.2016, will remain valid for a period of up to 4 years from their date of accrual. For enrolments to Epicure plans done from 16.11.2016 onwards, Epicure points will remain valid till the Epicure membership is active. In case the Epicure membership is not active, unredeemed points will be available for redemption for 2 months post the expiry of the Epicure membership, at the end of which they will be expired.
Renewal of membership
76. In order to retain his or her membership at the Copper tier of Taj InnerCircle, the member will need to have at least 1 eligible room night stay at any participating hotel in a rolling 12 month period. In case this is not achieved the individual will cease to be a member of Taj InnerCircle.
77. Members who achieve Eligible Spends of INR 100,000 or 10 eligible room nights in a continuous 365 day period get upgraded to the Silver tier. In order to retain his or her membership at the Silver tier of Taj InnerCircle the member will have to have eligible spends of INR 100000 or 10 eligible room nights in every subsequent 12 month period of him/her becoming a member. In case this is not achieved the individual's membership status will be downgraded to the Copper tier. The Silver tier status is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of upgrade.
78. Members who have had eligible spends of INR 400,000 or 40 eligible room nights in a continuous 365 day period will be upgraded to the Gold tier. Only points earned on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels will be considered for upgrades to the Gold tier. Bonus points and points earned on partners will not be considered for upgrades. Once a Gold card member, in order to retain his or her status the member will need to spend INR 400,000 or 40 room nights in every subsequent 12-month period. Only points earned, on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels, at the normal earning rate for Gold card members will be considered for retention in the Gold tier. Bonus points earned on service partners will not be considered for retention in the Gold tier. Gold tier status is valid for a period of 1 year.
79. Members who have had eligible spends of INR 800,000 or 80 room nights in a continuous 365 day period will be upgraded to the Platinum tier. Only points earned on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels will be considered for upgrades to the Platinum tier. Bonus points and points earned on partners will not be considered for upgrades. Once a Platinum tier member, in order to retain his or her status the member will need to spend INR 800,000 or 80 room nights in every subsequent 12-month period. Only points earned, on eligible charges at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels, at the normal earning rate for Platinum tier will be considered for retention in the Platinum tier. Bonus points earned on service partners will not be considered for retention in the Platinum tier. Platinum tier status is valid for a period of 1 year.
80. Membership to the Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle is valid for a period of 1 year from the date of payment of membership fees. It will be renewed every subsequent year, on payment of the prevailing fee. If a member does not pay the requisite fee, the membership to the Epicure plan will not be renewed and the membership benefits will not be valid any longer.
81. A number of services and benefits available to members of Taj InnerCircle and the Epicure plan are offered solely at the discretion of IHCL and the individual participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Not all services are provided by all participating hotels. Should IHCL or a participating hotel improperly deny a member the benefit, IHCL will not be liable to compensate the member for the same.
82. Taj InnerCircle or the Epicure plan benefits are not applicable in conjunction with other prevailing offers or discounts.
83. The specified discount offered on rooms (against rack rates) at specific IHCL Hotels is not applicable between December 20 and January 10.
84. All discounts on rooms are subject to prior reservation and availability.
Taj InnerCircle Copper Privileges
- Copper is the base tier available to guests above the age of 18 years.
- A Copper tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 125 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway hotels.
Taj InnerCircle Silver Privileges
- TIC Silver tier is achieved on eligible spends of INR 1 lakh or stays of 10 eligible room nights.
- A Silver tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 100 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating hotels.
- Late Check-out till 5.00pm, subject to availability.
- 10% discount on points requirement for redemption stays.
Taj InnerCircle Gold Privileges
- TIC Gold tier is achieved on eligible spends of INR 4 lakhs or stays of 40 eligible room nights.
- A Gold tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 70 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating hotels.
- Early Check-in from 9:00 am and Late Check-out till 5.00pm, subject to availability.
- 15% discount on points requirement for redemption stays.
- 20 Upgrade e-Vouchers, applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked for a maximum of 5 nights per stay, subject to availability at the time of check-in at any of the participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Upgrade e-Vouchers will not be applicable for an upgrade to a room category higher than a base category suite (or equivalent room, as per the hotel nomenclature).
Taj InnerCircle Platinum Privileges
- TIC Platinum tier is achieved on eligible spends of INR 8 lakhs or stays of 80 eligible room nights.
- A Platinum tier member will earn 1 Taj InnerCircle Point for every INR 60 of eligible spend, net of taxes at participating hotels.
- Early Check-in from 9:00 am and Late Check-out till 5.00pm, subject to availability.
- In-room Check-In.
- 24 hour Check-In.
- 20% discount on points requirement for redemption stays.
- Unlimited Upgrade e-Vouchers, applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked for a maximum of 5 nights per stay, subject to availability at the time of check-in at any of the participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Upgrade e-Vouchers will not be applicable for an upgrade to a room category higher than a base category suite (or equivalent room, as per the hotel nomenclature).
- 3 Signature Taj Experiences out of a selection of 23. These experiences are only valid till the member is on the Platinum tier. Experiences cannot be carried over from 1 year to the other.
- Platinum Experiences for Stay cannot be availed between 23rd December to 15th January
- Platinum Experiences for Dining cannot be availed on 24th December, 25th December, 31st December and/or 1st January
- 24 Hour Check In - Subject to availability 3 days prior to check in to be requested through the Platinum Desk.
- Dedicated Platinum Line 1800 114 825 for accessing Taj InnerCircle Member Services.
- All Platinum experiences are for two persons (unless specified otherwise), subject to availability and can only be booked through the Taj InnerCircle Platinum Desk.
- The experiences cannot be transferred, exchanged or altered in any way by the member. The Platinum member must be present to avail the Platinum experience.
- IHCL reserves the right to add, withdraw or amend any experience at any time without any prior notice.
Rewards and redemption
85. Taj InnerCircle Points(TIC) or Epicure points can be redeemed for hotel rooms via the website or through Taj InnerCircle Member Services only at a value of 1 TIC Point= Rs. 5 and 1 Epicure Point = Rs. 10. Taj InnerCircle points or Epicure points cannot be used to settle room stay charges directly at the hotels. Taj InnerCircle points or Epicure points can be redeemed in real time only to pay for food & beverage, laundry, spa, telecommunication and other eligible incidental charges at a value of 1 TIC Point = Rs.4 and 1 Epicure Point = Rs.10. Taj InnerCircle points and Epicure points can also be redeemed for gift certificates and gifts as featured on the website.
86. No Blackout Dates are applicable for room stay redemptions. If a room is available at any Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels across any room category, TIC points can be redeemed for a stay at the particular room category.
87. Points required for room stays will be calculated dynamically at the time of making of the stay booking. Platinum tier members will be entitled to a 20% discount on the dynamic rate for calculation of points required for stay redemption. Gold tier members will entitled to a 15% discount and Silver tier members will be entitled to a 10% discount on the dynamic rate for calculation of points required for a stay redemption.
88. All redemption requests against Taj InnerCircle points must be made either online www.tajinnercircle.com, in writing, on the original Rewards Request Form (available on request from the Taj InnerCircle Member Services) and sent to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services for processing. The Taj InnerCircle Member Services will make all the necessary bookings for rewards upon receipt of the request.
89. A member must allow a minimum of 2 weeks for processing of redemption requests for IHCL services. All requests must be made as early as possible, to avoid disappointments. In case of merchandise, a member must allow a minimum of 8 weeks for processing his/her request.
90. All taxes and applicable incidental expenditures will be borne by the member unless mentioned otherwise.
91. IHCL will not meet the cost of any tax, which may be levied on stay rewards in this programme. This is the sole responsibility of the recipient.
92. In case of holidays at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels as rewards, the member will bear all travel and associated costs. In addition, meals or any other service not specifically mentioned, as being complimentary will be chargeable. Please refer to the rewards section in the website for the rewards list.
93. Valid holiday redemption documents must be submitted at participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels at the time of check-in.
94. Participating hotels and rewards classification may change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of IHCL. Please refer to the Taj InnerCircle rewards catalogue for a complete listing of the rewards classification.
95. All rewards are subject to availability and supplier restrictions. IHCL may, without notice, withdraw or substitute any reward for another reward of comparable value and nature. In case the exact model of the merchandise mentioned in the rewards catalogue is not available at the time of redemption, an alternate model of the product will be made available to the member.
96. IHCL provides no warranty on the items on offer or for their quality.
99. Delivery of merchandise will be made only to addresses within India.
97. Export of gifts above the value of INR 25,000 will be subject to all applicable rules/regulations/controls of the Exchange Control Department, Reserve Bank of India, applicable at the time of the redemption. It will be the member's responsibility to obtain all the relevant clearances.
98. Travel agents will not be given any commissions on rooms given as rewards.
99. No credit or substitutions will be given for any rewards that are only partially used.
100. Redeemed rewards once issued/delivered will not be changed and the member will not be entitled to any refund or credit for the points redeemed.
101. Stay rewards once confirmed cannot be modified - dates or destinations - without forfeiting the redeemed points.
102. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash, points or any other form of goods or services except for the indicated redemption voucher.
103. Recipients of special rewards will be required to sign a release of liability and a statement permitting the use of their name and/or photo for promotional purposes without additional Compensation.
Terms governing the certificates / e-vouchers and benefits under Epicure plan of Taj InnerCircle
All the certificates are the property of The Indian Hotels Company Limited. If found, please return to the Taj InnerCircle Member Services, Mandlik House, Mandlik Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400001. No two certificates can be used together.
Please note that the Epicure Points earn rate of 25% or 50% on eligible spends, which may be mentioned while communicating Epicure benefits, are arrived at considering redemption of Epicure Points for Dine, Drink, Stay or Spa.
Epicure Benefit: Happy Hours at designated bars of participating hotels between 6.00pm-8.00pm, on all days of the week.
I. The offer is applicable on alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages only and will entitle the member to a complimentary second round of drinks. Member will be eligible for one complimentary round of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverage, for the same value ordered in the first round.
II. The offer is valid on beverages which are served by a standard peg measure or by the glass. Ordering of bottles is not permissible under this offer.
III. An order for multiple rounds of drinks cannot be placed in advance.
IV. The last order under this offer has to be placed by 8.00pm, and has to be consumed within a reasonable time after the order has been served.
V. The drinks ordered under this offer will only be served within the designated bar premises and have to be consumed within the designated bar premises itself. The order cannot be consumed in any other outlet / area of the hotel.
VI. Members would need to present their Epicure membership card to avail the offer.
Epicure Benefit: 50% Points on First 3 Dining Transactions
I. Epicure membership entitles members to earn back 50% points on the amount spent on dining for the first 3 transactions after enrolment or renewal of the membership.
II. This offer will be applicable for all dining transactions settled directly at the restaurants. Please note that F&B transactions for in-room dining or those clubbed with overall stay settlement will not be applicable for this offer.
III. To avail this offer, the value of the transaction should not be less than Rs 100.
I. Epicure membership (directly purchased from IHCL) entitles the members to one complimentary night stay (room only) at participating hotels in India. This benefit is not applicable for Epicure memberships which have been issued basis purchase of partner products and services unless explicitly mentioned. The offer is not applicable at the following hotels:
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Andamans
- Mahua Kothi, Bandhavgarh National Park
- Taj Usha Kiran Palace, Gwalior
- Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad
- Rambagh Palace, Jaipur
- Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur
- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
- Banjaar Tola, Kanha National Park
- The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
- Pashan Garh, Panna National Park
- Baghvan, Pench National Park
- Taj Rishikesh Resort & Spa, Uttarakhand
- Taj Theog Resort & Spa, Shimla
- Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
- Taj Aravali Resort & Spa, Udaipur
- Taj Nadesar Palace, Varanasi
II. The e-voucher, if applicable, will be loaded in the members account, and can be availed for booking on the website or via the Taj InnerCircle Member Services.
III. Reservation against this offer will be made in a base category room.
IV. The offer is not valid for stay during the period 23rd December to 15th January.
V. Reservation against this offer will be subject to room allocation control and the hotels reserve the right to close out bookings under this category.
VI. Government Taxes/Levies if applicable, will be payable by the guest directly at the hotel at the time of using this offer.
Epicure Benefit: Upgrade e-Vouchers
I. Epicure membership provides members with 2 upgrade e-Vouchers. The upgrade e-Vouchers shall be applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked for a maximum of 5 nights per stay, subject to availability at the time of check-in at any of the participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta and The Gateway Hotels. Upgrade e-Voucher will not be applicable for an upgrade to a room category higher than a base category suite (or equivalent room, as per the hotel nomenclature). Please refer to our website www.tajinnercircle.com to see the list of participating Taj Hotels.
II. Valid for a continuous stay and only up to 5 consecutive nights and is valid for one time use only.
III. The e-vouchers, if applicable, will be loaded in the members account, and can be availed by presenting the membership card at the hotel at the time of check-in.
IV. Government Taxes/Levies if applicable, will be payable by the guest directly at the hotel at the time of using this offer.
Promotions and specials
104. Promotions and special offers are at the sole discretion of The Indian Hotels Company Limited. They can be withdrawn or altered without prior notice.
105. Warmer Welcomes Alliance - Taj InnerCircle (TIC) members will earn TIC points at Shangri-La Hotels as part of the Warmer Welcomes alliance. Taj InnerCircle members can earn TIC Points on the following spending for the Qualifying Stays after linking the Golden Circle and Taj InnerCircle accounts:
- Food and beverage
- CHI, The Spa
For more details and terms and conditions governing Warmer Welcomes, please visit www.warmerwelcomes.com
106. The TIC Service guarantee will be applicable for the query where the service delivery was promised. The guest cannot claim the service guarantee for another service recovery.
107. The TIC service guarantee will be applicable for the service failures that happened post 15th June 2015. The guest cannot claim service recovery for cases before this date.
108. The Turnaround time for service guarantee will depend on the nature of the complaint raised. The timelines for service delivery will vary for different complaint types.
109. In a situation the Taj InnerCircle team needs additional information to resolve the guest query, the Taj InnerCircle team will send a communication to the guest on his preferred email ID, it will be the responsibility of the guest to ensure that the response is as per the timelines mentioned in the communication. The TIC service guarantee will not be valid in case the details are not provided as per the mentioned timelines.
110. The response time guaranteed on the complaint will be applicable during business days only.
111. All communication from the TIC team will be done only to the guest preferred email ID or registered telephone number, no other email ID or number will be considered for Service guarantee.
112. The TIC service guarantee will not be applicable for any service delivery failure at the hotel, the guest will have to liaise with the hotel for the same. The TIC team will help the guest find a resolution for the service raised, however hotel related service issues will not be covered under the TIC service guarantee.